Get ready for a fun summer with the Park Paseo Northstars! We are glad you’ve chosen one of Irvine’s best summer swim programs. Please follow the steps below to register your swimmer for the 2016 swim season.
Spaces on the team are limited. Your swimmer’s space on the team will only be secured when you have both turned in completed paperwork and checks to 7 Ninos, Irvine, CA 92620 AND registered online with ISL. Spaces on the team fill on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to Register
- Review important notes on this page and under New Families to learn more about the swim program and Age, Skill, Residency requirements.
- Complete the Online Registration Form (online only starting 2015)
- Drop off/mail the following forms and checks to 7 Ninos, Irvine, CA 92620:
- Registration Fee ($195 for 1st swimmer, $170 each additional swimmer) – check payable to Park Paseo Northstars
- $50 Volunteer Deposit (1 per family, must be separate check) – check payable to Park Paseo Northstars
- Residency Verification (as of 2016, now an annual ISL requirement for ALL swimmers)
- For Non-Residents ONLY:
- Signed Non-Resident Participation Agreement
- $75 Non-Resident Fee per swimmer – check payable to Park Paseo Northstars
- New Swimmers, or any swimmer who did not swim last season:
- A copy of the new swimmer’s birth certificate
- Statement of Detachment if swimmer is 7+ yrs old and currently on a club team
- Wait for access code from Membership Coordinator, then register with Irvine Swim League (ISL) online at http://www.irvineswimleague.org. This allows your swimmer to compete on the team which is part of the Irvine Swim League ($41.75 online registration fee).
Park Paseo HOA Regulations
The Park Paseo HOA will only allow families who are in good standing and current with their HOA dues to participate. The HOA will verify that all families’ payments are up to date and eligible.
For non-residents, the HOA office will be vetting all non-residents to ensure they are in good standing with our Park Paseo HOA. You must designate a sponsor who resides in Park Paseo who will allow you access to the pool for practices, as you will not be receiving a key to the pool. Each Park Paseo resident can only sponsor one family.
Per HOA regulations, priority registration will be given to Park Paseo residents through March 15th.
Our swim meets and team would not be such a success if it were not for the full participation of our great parents. Volunteering is a REQUIREMENT in order to participate in the swim practices, dual meets, social events, Championship meet and the end-of-year party. To encourage fairness and complete participation, a $50 check deposit will be collected from each family and will only be deposited if you do not show up for your chosen job. Your swimmers will not be registered until this check is received. All checks will be destroyed after the end of the season.
See the Events Page for details on the following mandatory meetings and dates.
- Registration deadlines. Returning families have until March 15th to complete their registration in order to guarantee their space on the swim team. Registration following this date will be opened to families on the interest list on an individual basis.
- New swimmer parent meeting. Learn what to expect, volunteering requirements, and ask questions.
- Job Sign-up & Team suit ordering. Sign up for the required volunteer positions and order your team suit if you haven’t already.
Fees & Deposits
- Registration Fee: $195 for the first swimmer, $170 for each additional swimmer
- Volunteer Deposit: $50 deposit (1 per family)
- Non-Residents Fee (Non Park Paseo residents only): $75 per swimmer
- Irvine Swim League Registration Fee: $41.75 paid online (requires access code) per swimmer
Please see the following deadlines for our refund policy. Though we understand that withdrawing from the team sometimes is the only option, refunds do take time and resources from our volunteer based, non-profit organization.
- Deadline to withdraw from the team with a full refund is April 15th.
- 50% refund after April 15th.
- No refunds after April 30th.
For all refunds, ISL will refund your ISL registration fee minus a $2.50 processing fee.
Practices and Meets
Our practices will begin on May 31, 2016 and will be held Monday through Thursday. See the Practices page for more details about practices, and the Meets page for details about swim meet competitions, typically held on Saturday mornings.
Volunteer Swim Coaches
The Northstars Swim Team has volunteer opportunities for teen swimmers to help as swim coaches. We are looking for dedicated, reliable, and motivated teen swimmers ages 15 – 18 to help our coaches during practices. Volunteers in this position can earn community service hours reported to their high schools. Volunteer swim coaches are expected to pay the registration fee and their parents will be required to perform volunteer jobs. Being a volunteer swim coach is a great way to serve as a role model for younger swimmers, demonstrate leadership in an organization, and may lead to paid job opportunities in the summers that follow.
Your child may be photographed and or filmed while on the swim team as part of our effort to capture all the memories throughout the season. These pictures and videos may be used for a variety of publications, including, but not limited to, the team’s website, the Irvine Swim League website, Irvine Swim League Facebook and Twitter pages and publication in the Orange County Register/Irvine World News.
If your child’s photo is selected for publication in the Orange County Register/Irvine World News, your child’s full name and team will be published with their photo. If you would like for your child not to be included, please notify us during the registration process.
During the meet’s half-time break there will be a “race” for swimmers who are not on the swim team, like younger siblings or adult relay teams. You will be able to register yourself and/or your younger children for “Fun Swim” when you register on-line with ISL for $15.
Thank you and we look forward to a great season with you! Please contact us at email@example.com with any additional questions you have.